Click here to search this site
News & Events » Barnard Precision Regional Championship & Grading List
Barnard Precision Regional Championship & Grading List
The Barnard Precision Regional Championship Draw is a season long event supported by an NRANZ Key Sponsor, Barnard Precision Ltd. Participants in this programme are awarded points for attending qualifying championships which then go into a draw for the prizes.
- 2 x 1st Prize of Full paid entry to the National Championship
- 2 x 2nd Prize of Half paid entry to the National Championship
(4 Draws in total)
Winners have 2 years to use National Championship entry.
The more qualifying championships attended, the more points awarded, the higher the chance of winning!
- Winner can only claim one (1) prize.
- Competitors must be New Zealand residents, affiliated to NRANZ to qualify for points.
- The event will begin in January and finish in December.
- Each event day will be worth one point. Points will accrue and each point represents one entry into the draw.
- Points will be awarded based on published results.
- Points accrual will be advertised on the NRANZ web site with progress updates.
- It is the responsibility of competitors to check and verify progress scores and advise the NRA office within two weeks of the event, of any errors. There will be no right of appeal of any scores after those two weeks.
- No cash prizes.
Qualifying matches for 2018 and beyond will include all events except those events held during the National Championship from Friday 300 metres to Saturday finals.
Qualifying events are spread around the country and are chosen by location and timing to endure the greatest attendance possible whilst at the same time, providing the sponsor (Barnard Precision Ltd) with maximum exposure.
View the Barnard Precision Points Table - finished for 2017 (as at 12/12/17)
View the Barnard Precision Points Table - finished for 2018 (as at 18/12/2018)
Winners for 2018 are:
- half paid entry, Owen Whiteman from Masterton Rifle Club and Nicole McKee from Karori Rifle Club.
- full paid entry, Shane Kapene from Gisborne Rifle Club and Rick Ruiterman from Te Puke Club.
View the Barnard Precision Points Table - finished for 2019 (as at 09/12/2019)
Winners for 2019 are:
- half paid entry, Graeme Boland, Masterton Rifle Club and Tony Gore, Trentham Rifle Club.
- full paid entry, Iain May, Whangarei Rifle Club and Paul Neilson, Gisborne Club.
View the Barnard Precision Points Table - finished for 2020 (as at 21/12/2020)
Winners for 2020 are:
- half paid entry, Daniel Alexander, Malvern Rifle Club and John Ball, Te Puke Rifle Club.
- full paid entry, Brian Graystone, Ashburton Rifle Club and Larry Meredith, Otorohanga Rifle Club.
View the Barnard Precision Points Table -
View the current National Grading List as as 10 April 2021