Click here to search this site
NZ Under25 Pathway to the World Long Range Championships 2015
It is the intention of the National Rifle Association of New Zealand to have an Under 25 Team competing at the World Long Range Championship at Camp Perry, Ohio, USA in August / September 2015.
- To be eligible team members must be under the age of 25 years on the day of the competition.
- The team comprises a captain, 5 shooters, 1 reserve, a wind coach, and a manager. The manager may be over the age of 25.
- The teams match comprises 10 shots at 300, 600, 900 and 1000 yards by the 5 shooters.
- All team members are eligible to compete as individuals in the ICFRA World Long Range Championships and other associated events.
- The New Zealand Under 25 Team will be selected at the end of the 2013/2014 shooting season.
NRANZ plans to hold training weekends for all under 25 shooters. At times, these will be held in conjunction with training weekends for the open team members.
If you have ambition to be a member of the 2015 NZ Under25 Rifle Team there are some things you need to do. Even if you do not aim to make this team you are most welcome to attend the build-up training weekends.
- Contact the NRANZ secretary at email@example.com and/or the NZ U25 Coach Malcolm Dodson at firstname.lastname@example.org and make it known you wish to join the training programme.
- There will be three training weekends during the 2013/2014 season. The first and third are in conjunction with those training for the NZ Open Team to attend the World Championships.
- The first training weekend is the 5th - 7th October 2013 at Trentham.
- The second training weekend is 6th - 8th December at Trentham, this weekend is in conjunction with the long range and the 1000 yard regional championship events.
- The third training weekend is also being used as a selection trial for the Open and U25 Teams and will be held 15th - 17th March 2014 at Trentham.
- Start saving money or fundraising. There will some funding available but the larger portion of your costs will be self-funded. A firm indication of actual costs should be available by the October training weekend.
- If you do not shoot smallbore in the off season you should consider doing so. Smallbore provides a great training platform for outdoor shooting.
NRANZ has a budget for Under 25 shooter training and development. Generally the training weekends are run at a low cost to Under 25 participants.
At the 2011 World Championships in Brisbane, two NZ Under 25 Team members were also in the Open Team. There is no reason that a number of Under 25 Team members will not also be selected in the NZ Open Team when the teams for the 2015 USA event are announced.
Under25 Development Coach